Refer to "Safety Counts", either online or in Print
"Safety Counts" is 60 pages of valuable safety information, including emergency preparedness tips, a directory of campus contacts, and this year's Clery-reportable campus crime statistics. Each issue is delivered to campus community members and made available online at safetycounts.berkeley.edu
Safety Counts, our campus annual security report, is published in compliance with the Federal Jeanne Clery Act, a law that requires all colleges and universities to disclose campus crime statistics and inform of security provisions on campus. Sections include:
Outline of Safety Counts
- This is Bear Territory -- about your role in the campuswide coordination that goes toward keeping the campus safe
- What to Do in an Emergency -- an overview on how to prepare tor, and respond to, any campuswide emergency
- What to Do for Personal Safety --guideline that will help you increase your level of personal safety
- Statistics for Clery Compliance -- accurate, complete and timely information about campus safety, so you can make informed decisions
We still print the booklet, but it is now available entirely online at safetycounts.berkeley.edu
You may also download a PDF to view off-line or see archived booklets from past years at the /safetycounts page on this site.
Night Safety Services
One great service is BearWALK. UCPD, in partnership with Parking & Transportation offers a comprehensive program of Night Safety Services that operate every night of the year. Stay safe. Try BearWALK after dark at bearwalk.berkeley.edu. Log in with your CalNet ID and make a request online. Or just call (510) 642-9255 (WALK) to request service. An automated dispatch service accepts your keyed-in request. Dial "0" to speak to a dispatcher.
Lost and Found
UCPD is the central repository for items lost and found on campus. Important: Before you enter your lost item, please read the FAQs below. We do not accept reports of lost keys, instead we recommend you call us. We do not accept certain items, such as clothing and water bottles, for health and safety reasons.
Campus Safety Guidelines
For UCPD's comprehensive crime prevention guidelines, including information about subjects from identity theft to self-defense techniques, see the Campus Safety Guidelines page.
Campus Rules and Policies
All members of the campus community are required to obey all applicable laws, while on the UC Berkeley campus, including federal, state and municipal codes. All Berkeley students are required to adhere to campus codes, rules and regulations. Read Campus Rules & Policies
The Police Department also provides a great many business services to the campus population. Do you need a key made for a campus location, or require background check/fingerprinting service? Are you planning a campus event that requires security or an alcohol permit? Call our business line at (510) 642-6760, then find applications for some services on our Forms and Applications page.
Besides being the location for UCPD's service forms, the Forms & Applications page has PDFs of maps and brochures such as
- UCPD Night Map to see crime locations referenced in our alerts, and to find best night walking routes and see shuttle routes.
- B-Safe Bulletins printable PDFs of particular safety subjects also available in an easy to access text format online in the Campus Safety Guidelines page.
Recent Criminal Activity in the Area
Our crime alerts give comprehensive information on an incident in our jurisdiction within days of the event. We make this information available on the website for four years.
- Browse the Crime Alert archive at police.berkeley.edu/crimealerts
- Join the UCPD Mailing List and have crime alerts sent to your inbox.
- Follow us on Twitter and see alerts in your feed
- Like us on Facebook and have alerts and advisories delivered to your wall.
UCPD Daily Activity
The UCPD Daily Activity Bulletin provides case numbers, incident classification, names of assigned officers, and incident synopses for the day's activity. Updated daily during regular business hours, before end of day Mondays for weekend activity.
Read the log