CHECK OUT UPDATE ALERT and NEWS RELEASE
In the past week, between July 10 and 15, a series of burglaries have occurred on campus. The burglaries occurred at Mulford Hall and at the Foothill housing complex Library. Ten laptop computers were taken from Foothill on Tuesday the 10th. On Wednesday the 12th twenty-six Dell CPU towers were taken from Mulford Hall. On Sunday the 15th another burglary occurred at Mulford where thirteen more Dell CPU towers were taken.
UCPD recommends taking the following steps to protecting your property, discourage would be criminals from committing burglaries and improve your chances of recovering stolen property:
Keep portable devices, such as lap tops, inside locked cabinets when not in use.
- Lock your desk, windows and office door when you leave your office, even if you are gone for a short time.
- Have all equipment locked down with an approved lock-down device.
- Keep an updated inventory of all office equipment.
- Identify equipment by engraving. To borrow an engraver please contact UCPD at (510) 643-6760.
Report any suspicious person or activity in your building to the police immediately. Dial 911 from any landline phone. From a cell phone on campus, dial (510) 642-3333. The following are examples of behaviors that could be considered suspicious:
A person or persons you, or other employees, do not recognize going from office to office.
- A person or persons standing in a hallway for a long period of time.
- A person or persons waiting outside of the building near the time that the building will be closing.
For more safety tips please visit our website at http://police.berkeley.edu/formsandapplications/index.html