In recent months a series of auto burglaries have occurred in the parking lot at Lawrence Hall of Science.
UCPD recommends taking the following steps in protecting your property and to discourage would-be criminals from committing auto burglaries:
- Do not leave valuable items visible in your car.
- Close all windows and lock all doors before leaving your vehicle.
- Park in well-lit, heavily populated areas.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, find another place to park.
- Avoid parking next to occupied vehicles.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Make a copy of your registration and insurance, and keep them in your wallet or purse. Then remove all forms of identification from your vehicle. Anyone with permission to drive your vehicle should also have a copy of the registration and insurance with them to furnish to the police if necessary.
- Take note of emergency/pay phones near where you have parked, in case you need to use them.
- If you see any suspicious activity or individuals, please contact UCPD immediately when you feel safe to do so by dialing 9-1-1 or 642-3333 (from cell phones).