Time, Place & Manner
Rules which govern and protect rights of protest
- Free expression is encouraged but must not, interfere with the University operation, teaching and other’s rights to expression and may not damage/impede University property.
- Use of University facilities must be in compliance with law and university policies.
- People may not:
- Block entrances or impede foot/vehicle traffic;
- engage in physical abuse;
- disrupt teaching or administration;
- possess firearms, firebombs or other weapons;
- engage in theft/vandalism;
- climb on or rappel from University buildings or trees;
- camp or lodge on University property.
- People must comply with the instructions & directions of University officials including University Police and other police agencies called to assist.
- The University House is a residence and activities on and around the property are restricted.
- Do not grab, rattle, lean on, move or otherwise disturb physical barricades or barricade tape.
- Physical resistance and assaultive behavior will not be tolerated and will be prosecuted.
- University affiliates have a duty to comply with the directions and instructions of University Police.
- Demonstrations, protests, and acts of civil disobedience may be recorded.
- Obstructing a peace officer in the performance of their duties is a crime.
In an EMERGENCY, from a cell phone on or near campus, dial 510 642-3333 If you have any questions, please contact UCPD:
Email the police
Visit us at 1 Sproul Hall (basement), near Telegraph Avenue & Bancroft Way
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Station Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Mail us at University of California Police Department, Berkeley, Records Unit
1 Sproul Hall, MC #1199, Berkeley, CA 94720-1199
Phone: 510 642-6760, 24 hours a day
Fax: 510 643-4655
Records Unit Services Offered: Livescan Fingerprinting is done by appointment only, Tuesday — Friday; Lost & Found Services are available Monday — Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Court Order Bookings are done by by appointment only Monday — Friday; Records Requests are also available.